3G 4G WiFi Maps & Speed Test Android App: With OpenSignal you can map cellular coverage, find Wi-Fi hotspots, test and improve your reception & get faster data.
✓ Signal compass points you in the direction your signal is coming from
✓ Speed test for download, upload and latency
✓ Map and radar view of cell towers and Wifi routers
✓ Coverage maps allow you see the best/worst places for 2G, 3G and 4G
✓ See local cell towers
✓ Free and ad-free
✓ Share your findings and compare your connection with other users
✓ Personal statistics on your signal quality
✓ Set live wallpaper that changes with signal strength
✓ Save data to your SD Card
SMS Permission required to count the number of SMS sent to track your usage, SMS are never read (use a packet sniffer to check!)
Phone settings permission allows network reset on certain Android versions
Based on our community-generated data we are able to help keep you better connected by giving you a practical solution to the problems of slow mobile internet and dropped calls. Simply follow our signal compass to walk towards better phone signal or see our in-app coverage maps to work out which carrier is best for where you are, useful if you’re thinking about changing. Our wifi maps help you find local public-access wireless networks (WAPs).
The Stats tab helps you to keep track of your usage, so there’s no danger of you going over your plan limit on data, voice or text. (NB – this is why the app needs permission to access contacts and SMS, these are the permissions needed to count calls and texts, messages are never accessed or read!).
We use Google Maps in our apps, email us if you cannot access Google Maps, email us to request another map technology.
Maps not updated in real-time. Don’t worry though, we log the information you share with us to improve our coverage maps and signal information. We’re working hard to make sure the data you contribute to the project is available to everyone as quickly as possible.
» Show Full Description
– Not all towers and wireless routers are in our database – we’re working on it!
– Verizon & Sprint (CDMA) users will see only one connected tower at a time
– Moving in the direction of your cell tower (the signal compass) will not always improve reception due to interference effects/local geography.
– For GSM, cell tower are identified via cell id and location area code (CID and LAC)
– For CDMA cell towers are identified via Network ID, Base sub-station ID and system ID (NID, BSSID and SID).
If you read to here (!) you should really join the OpenSignal beta to help us improve the app:
» Show Less Description
What’s New v5.18:
– Fixed bug where the line to connected tower wasn’t visible
– New navigation icons
– Quick action shortcuts for Android 7.1+
– Updated French and Russian translations
– Background performance improvements
– Fixed memory leak (towers/speed test history screens should load much smoother now)
Note: 3G 4G WiFi Maps & Speed Test is a Trademark of OpenSignal.com. All rights reserved by the Developers. We Share Only Original APK files without any modification (No Cheats, No Hacks, No Mods etc)